An increase in eye pressure can be attributed glaucoma, an eye disorder that leads to loss of vision on progression. Here are some natural remedies to lower eye pressure.
- Eat vegetables and fruits- Eat more fruits and vegetables that contain antioxidants. These include carrots, squash, and citrus fruits. Fruits and vegetables not only promote healthy eyes but also enhance the overall health of an individual. Eating antioxidant-rich fruits and vegetables helps lower eye pressure and removes excess fluid that can build up, causing discomfort and pain.
- Involve in physical activity- Exercise or any type of physical activity can be a great method to raise your heart rate, which causes the heart to pump more blood through the arteries. This helps to decrease the intraocular pressure significantly. Stop leading a sedentary lifestyle and do physical activity at least thrice a week for half an hour. You can do cycling, running, swimming, or aerobic exercises as all these are beneficial to maintain the healthy eye pressure. Regular exercise also helps to lower blood pressure to protect the health of your heart.
- Drink plenty of water– Keep on drinking a small amount of water throughout the day. Introducing a limited amount of water in breaks will help reduce the pressure and pain in the eye. However, a large amount of fluid or caffeine consumptions can worsen the condition. Therefore, avoid drinking caffeinated drinks.
- Introduce stress reduction techniques- Reducing the stress level is essential to reduce eye pressure. Stress is one of the major causes if increasing eye pressure and affects the patients with glaucoma. You can reduce daily stress by doing yoga or by soaking in a hot tub. Relieving tension and stress will reduce pressure in the eye by reducing the chance of blood pressure spike which is a major reason for causing raised pressure in the eye.
- Take breaks between your work- It is necessary to give your eyes, frequent breaks from the computer screen. If watching television at home. Keep on giving rest to your eye in between advertisements. Looking at the screen for a long period can increase eye pressure through eye strain. Taking frequent breaks will help your eyes to adjust to the lightings of the screen and allow them to rest.
In addition to these natural ways, there are two more remedies that you can use to reduce eye pressure. These remedies along with a healthy diet, regular physical activity, and medicines, will help prevent damage caused by glaucoma.
The number one is incorporating fennel into your daily routine. You can use it twice a day. The other one is ginkgo biloba. Both of these alternatives will complement the drugs and other recommendations given by your health specialist.
By making essential changes in your diet and routine as well as following the suggestions of your health specialist, you can lower eye pressure and maintain good eye health. This guide is informative but does not have the authority to prescribe any pharmaceutical treatments. It is recommended to visit a health care specialist if you have any pain and discomfort. You can reduce the eye pressure using careprost solution also, it is very effective and reliable, and contains bimatoprost ophthalmic solution 0.3%