As the cosmetic industry expands, the scope and complexity of the products and cosmetic procedures also develop. A product known as eyelash extensions has gained immense popularity in the beauty community. Eyelash extensions come to the limelight as they naturally enhance the lashes, making them look longer, fuller, and thicker. These are applied by a technician who hand-glues the extensions on top of your natural eyelashes. Apart from their natural appearance, extensions also appeal to women because of their durability, which generally ranges from 4 to 8 weeks.
Eyelash extensions are a semi-permanent solution for improving eyelash appearance without mascara coating. When fixed by a trained professional, these extensions are a safe way to enhance the appearance of lashes. When applied incorrectly, they can give rise to discomfort, eye infection, and even permanent loss of lashes. Where false eyelashes are attached to the lid to a single strip, lash extensions are individual lashes. They are applied directly on your natural lash strands, one by one. This whole process takes several hours to complete.
Considering their popularity, do their benefits and drawbacks balance out to make them a worthwhile option? Let’s check out the pros and cons of lash extensions.
Eyelash extensions: The pros
Here are some pros of using eyelash extensions:
- Speed your daily makeup routine – Grooming your tiny hair strands may take 10 to 20 minutes. If you are using falsies, you may need to stick them, curl them, and finish the look by applying several coats of mascara. Eyelash extensions can help you escape this daily commitment and speed up your makeup routine.
- Replace other eye makeup – If you have eyelash extensions, there is nothing more you need to enhance the look of your eyes. They make your eyes attractive and take attention away from dark circles or puffy eyes. This way, many women look forward to getting lashes extension done to eliminate the step of cleaning eye makeup before bedtime routine.
- Lower the chance of mishaps – Well, messing up while applying mascara is common amongst women. Cleaning up mascara clumps, flakes, and smudges can spoil your makeup application around your eye area. This problem can be solved by getting lash extensions done.
- Can be customized per individual need – Regular false lashes follow a one-size-fits approach. Lash extensions can be customized according to the customer’s needs (length, volume, or fullness). This makes a user more comfortable with their unique facial feature.
Eyelash extension: The cons
Apart from the common complications that occur from the chemicals in adhesive agents and sharp tools used during the technique, here are some major disadvantages of having lash extensions:
- Expensive – Lash extensions are comparatively more expensive than any other cosmetic procedure. However, the price range is according to the type of extensions you choose and the technician’s professional experience. In addition, you must follow a maintenance routine which should be done at your technician’s place every two to three weeks. Since the lash extensions are glued onto your natural lash strands, they can shed easily after the suggested period, and good quality replacement will again load your pocket.
- Can affect your lash strands – While getting lash extensions is safe, certain mishappening can cause damage. For example, cheaper extensions from an unqualified practitioner usually stick with bad-quality glue that can destroy your natural eyelashes.
- Long-term wearing can contribute to lash loss – Getting regular last extension sessions can result in permanent lash fallout. This occurs when lashing clusters, or sometimes individual lashes, stop your natural lashes from falling and interfere with the internal rejuvenation process.
- Can give rise to eye infections – No matter where you get your lash extensions done, the application process involves tools and bonding agents close to your eyes. Contamination or any other mishappening may lead to infections like conjunctivitis or even eye glue-induced rashes around the eyes.
- Can be uncomfortable at times – Even though extensions are made to be lightweight, they can be uncomfortable for some people. Well, wearing them all the time, even during shower time, bedtime, and everywhere else. You may also get an eye infection if you have sensitive eyes, dry eye problems, or tend to suffer from irritation compared to normal.
Eyelashes prevent the entry of harmful particles into the eye, one of the most sensitive human parts. Therefore, when a cosmetic product is supplemented, especially to a body part integral as eyelashes, users must be extra cautious regarding eye safety. If you are anxious about investing a huge amount in eyelash extensions, consider an eyelash growth serum; yes, a lash growth serum like Careprost can add some depth to your lash without the added costs and risks. You can buy careprost online from Cosmeticsandyou at affordable prices.