Scores of people have the same concerns for the skin “How these dark spots can go away?” This is a common question which every dermatologist comes across in his/her clinical practice. Fortunately, we have solutions to evade hyperpigmentation and get even and spot free skin. Before suggesting the treatment, a dermatologist always emphasis on collecting information pertaining to patient’s medical history and lifestyle which could potentially rule out the root cause of the problem.
It is always a wise step to analyze the causative factor that stimulates the process of hyperpigmentation. This will help in finding the best treatment for the skin lightening. Let’s have a view to the stimulating factors, followed by the best cream for skin lightening treatment.
Stimulating factors causing hyperpigmentation
Dark spots are the result of excessive melanin production in the body by melanocytes. These are the skin cells that make brown pigment known as melanin which gives colour to our skin. If the number of melanocytes increases, excessive production of pigment takes place and gets deposited on the skin. The factors that influence the hyperpigmentation are listed below:
- Hormonal imbalances induced by pregnancy or post pregnancy
- Acne scars, psoriasis, dermatitis
- Ethnic groups such as Native American Indian, Asian, Hispanic are more prone to post inflammatory excessive pigmentation
- Exposure to UV rays/Sun Damage
- Cancer treatment- Chemotherapy
- Medications such as Amiodarone, Amitriptyline, Minocycline
Treating hyperpigmentation with hydroquinone
Hydroquinone is the standard therapy for the treatment of hyperpigmentation. It has been a practice for so many years to lighten the dark spots. It is FDA approved topical agent that acts by inhibiting the formation of tyrosine which acts as a precursor for melanin production. Thus, stop the production of melanin and increases its breakdown. This helps to achieve the even skin tone by applying on the affected areas. It is available in numerous preparations such as creams, lotions, chemical peels; It is also found in combination with exfoliating agents such as retinol, topical steroids, and others. After knowing the beneficial effects of the hydroquinone, the question which arises in our mind is regarding the best available hydroquinone cream out of many other which are available over the counter for skin lightening. Out of all, which will be the best to fade the dark spots and give us the even and brighten skin tone?
Melalite Forte as a best out of all
It is available in the form of a topical cream having hydroquinone in 4% w/w 30 gms. It works by stopping the formation of melanin in the body. It is clinically effective and safe to use. It improves controls and prevents the following conditions:
- Dark spots on the body gets lightened if you apply religiously
- Skin trauma
- Pregnancy induced excessive accumulation of pigments on skin
- Melasma causing tan or discolouration mainly on the cheek area of the face
How to use Melalite Forte?
It is meant for external use only and is meant to be applied directly to the skin twice a day. Check with a dermatologist as does application may vary depending on the severity of the condition.The cream should be applied with below-mentioned methods:
- As it is a skin cream, chances of allergic reactions are higher. Always apply on a small skin patch and keep it aside for 24 hours to check for any itching or unwanted reactions leading to inflamed skin
- Always apply the dose as directed by the physician. In case of any doubt, ask your doctor and take proper instructions to have maximum effect
- Apply the cream on the affected area with clean hands and wash afterwards too
- Discuss your medical history with dermatologist and ask about the precautions required to be taken to evade any undesirable effects
- The results can be seen after few weeks as it is a slow process. So, it is good to be patient enough for the best results. Don’t discontinue the treatment.
Melalite forte cream is a well-known brand for skin lightening. It gives fast and satisfying results by making skin even and flawless. It has hydroquinone which fades away the stubborn spots easily and effectively.