Acne blemishes can be filled-up with bacteria, oil, and dead skin cells. Therefore its treatment or a cure is essential to flush out and dry these contents. If you too suffering from moderate to severe acne vulgaris than picking up the treatment known as Benzoyl Peroxide can be the ideal one. It is an over-the-counter available product to treat the acne breakouts.
When applied on acne blemish, benzoyl peroxide cream works to reduce a pore that causes creating a clearer skin. Benzoyl Peroxide has three actions:
- It kills germs or bacteria
- It reduces inflammation or itchiness
- It helps to unplug the blocked pores.
One can buy benzoyl peroxide online or direct from the pharmacy. It comes in different brand names and strengths. Benzoyl Peroxide acts like an antiseptic when applied to the skin. It is a product that comes in different strengths and forms of lotions, gels, soaps, and liquids to treat acne.
How does Benzoyl Peroxide treat Acne?
Benzoyl Peroxide unclogs skin pores. It also helps to stop the growth of germs/bacteria and causing acne pimples and cystic lesions. In the first use, your acne may get worse; your skin may get red and peel, don’t get panic, it is a normal course of action as treating acne is not a quick fix. You need to use this product for as long as 4 to 6 weeks before your acne starts improving.
Does Benzoyl Peroxide Treatment have side effects?
Yes, some of the minor side effects can be faced like:
- Dry or peeling skin
- Tingling or slight stinging
- Skin that feels warm
While using any product that contains benzoyl peroxide, consult your physician if your skin develops:
- A rash or itching
- Blisters or a burning feeling
Getting the most from your treatment:
- It is recommended to use a mild soap and lukewarm water to wash with. You cannot clean off all blackheads by cleaning or scrubbing.
- If your skin becomes very dry, use a moisturizer (preferably a fragrance-free and water-based cream).
- Do not use ointments or oil-rich creams, as these may clog your pores again.
- Benzoyl Peroxide cream can cause some people’s skin to become more sensitive to sun rays than normal. Avoid exposure to strong sunlight or use a sunscreen with a high sun protection factor until you know how your skin reacts.
- Continue with the treatment for at least 6-8 weeks before deciding if it is working for you or not. The most common reason for treatment failure is giving up too early, thinking that the treatment is not working.