Formally the Bio Oil is a solution for two skin problems, namely, stretch marks and scarring. It is available in an oil form. It is formulated to help men and women with scarring, blemishes, stretch marks, and other skin problems. But many others have successfully used it for many skin issues including the dehydrated skin as well. The oil works equally well for people with dehydrated skin; it is a breakthrough ingredient PurCellin oil is also effective for ageing and dehydrated skin.
Bio Oil Use and its Nature
- Contains vitamin A and E
- Recommended for use on face and body both
- Non-greasy consistency
- Rapidly absorbed
- Contains plant extracts like lavender, calendula, chamomile and rosemary
- Suitable for all skins types (including sensitive skin too).
Bio Oil and Dehydrated Skin
The surface of the skin has an oil layer which cannot be seen through naked eyes and acts as a barrier to prevent moisture from escaping. In dry weather, this layer is often unable to cope with weather conditions and during this time the excess of moisture is drawn out of the skin. Daily bathing may aggravate by removing away this layer due to the astringent effects of harmful soaps. Bio Oil works to supplement the natural oil layer of your skin, helping to restore its barrier function of retaining moisture in the skin.
Apply it twice daily on the dehydrated skin caused by high chemical content and drying effects of central heating and air conditioning. After swimming, sun tanning, and showering, please pays more attention to dry areas of your skin.
Safety Concerns for Bio Oil
- Bio Oil is completely assessed for its safe use during all conditions. Each ingredient present in the formulation is safe for topical use. The solution is absolutely safe to use during pregnancy, but caution should be exercised during lactation. The formula should not be applied to nipples to make sure that the baby is not ingesting it.
- Bio Oil is not recommended for use in infants (children up to 2 years of age) because of the fact that they have very sensitive skin and the fragrance of oil could irritate their skin.
- Make sure that you do not apply it to broken skin or on wounds because it is not sterile and can irritate open wounds.
Note that the final appearance of the dehydrated skin can be influenced by skin type, age, and diet, therefore the results may vary. Regularly use Bio Oil for the dehydrated skin to get the best results.