Benzoyl Peroxide is known as the world’s most frequently used acne removal cream. Benzoyl Peroxide works by irritating bacteria so that they lose the nutritional resources to reproduce acne. Since bacteria have a very short lifetime, within 48 hours bacteria leaves the skin.
Benzoyl Peroxide Gel is widely used treat pimples or acne. Slow-release forms of benzoyl peroxide gel also have some additional advantage i.e. it treat whiteheads and blackheads too.
The best way to use Benzoyl Peroxide for Acne Treatment:
- Benzoyl Peroxide gel of 2.5% concentration is a good starting point to fight pimples, acne, and the associated acne scars.
- Wash your entire face with a gentle, non-medicated cleanser or soap with warm water.
- Use a clean towel to pat your face dry.
- Apply a thin layer of benzoyl peroxide gel on the affected areas and then massage it gently until well spread.
- Repeat this application once every other day in the evening (before going to sleep), then increase frequency to once a day.
Some Common Side Effects of Benzoyl Peroxide:
Despite being the best product for treating acne spots, benzoyl peroxide comes with few side-effects. Common side effects of Benzoyl peroxide treatment include:
- Dryness and flaking in the affected area: It is very common to experience mild dryness and sometimes flaking (peeling) skin after start using benzoyl peroxide since it helps to reduce oil secretion in the skin. Applying a light, water-based moisturizer daily is usually helpful.
- Burning and itching sensation: Benzoyl Peroxide reported rarely severe. If you feel the irritation is becoming intolerable, we recommend discontinuing using benzoyl peroxide cream.
- Redness – Stop applying benzoyl peroxide temporarily if persist skin redness.
Pay attention to the instructions given on the pack. For better effectiveness, it is recommended to not to us benzoyl peroxide for spot treatment; apply the cream on entire affected area instead of applying on individual cysts, pimples blackheads or whiteheads.
Being the first proven acne treatment, benzoyl peroxide gel is very popular. It is a widely available over-the-counter product. You can buy benzoyl peroxide online too.