When it comes to skin problems, acne comes first most often in our mind. Acne is a skin disease, which affects the skin’s oil glands. It is true that at a certain level of age, acne condition is very common, but its solution is also available in the form of Benzoyl Peroxide that helps to clear off acne. You only need to understand how to use this solution properly.
Experiencing acne outbreaks though it is common, but at the same time, it leaves us with a depressing behavior. It is nothing but some small red and black spots that people experience between the ages of 12 to 25 years the most. This skin condition (acne breakouts) also affects some old and younger people and even people with healthy body and fair complexion face.
Acne actually happens due to the small sebaceous glands that lie under the skin surface and release sebum to keep your skin supple and smooth. Tiny pores existing in the skin allow the sebum to come onto the surface of your skin. Acne happens because of some of the blocked pores. This condition raises the risks of small pimples, blackheads, and whiteheads. The application of benzoyl peroxide and other natural substance works on these pores to unblock them.
Benzoyl Peroxide (BPO) is a form of the organic compound that comes from the peroxide family. There are two Benzoyl groups available in the substance and they are connected with peroxide link. Benzoyl Peroxide is often recommended to get rid of acne and used in bleaching flour, hair and teeth, and many other purposes. Benzoyl Peroxide is an effective and result oriented option in the list of World Health Organization.
Benzoyl Peroxide as an Acne Remedy
Benzoyl Peroxide helps to prevent pores from becoming blocked; it also cleans off the bacteria, inside the pores, that causes acne. It helps in preventing acne breakouts before they occur.
How Benzoyl Peroxide Works
Benzoyl Peroxide has multi-prolonged effects and it works in three ways. First, it removes germs or bacteria that cause acne; second, it minimizes inflammation; third, this substance helps to unblock pores. You can use it often whenever you experience acne in your skin. Benzoyl Peroxide for acne removal is available over-the-counter under different brand names and strengths, i.e. 2.5%, 4%, 5%, and 10%. However, consultation with a dermatologist is advisable here before you choose this cream for your skin.
Like many other acne remedies, Benzoyl Peroxide also takes a time to show its effects. Sometimes, you have to apply this solution up to 10-12 weeks to remove acne to see a noticeable improvement in your skin.
Preparations before using Benzoyl Peroxide
Any method works correctly when we apply or use it in a right direction. Benzoyl Peroxide is not an exception in this regard. You have to follow some important and simple steps before applying BPO, such as:
- Inform your dermatologist about any other skin products including herbal items and complementary elements, if you are using.
- Be cautious for any allergic reactions of BPO tube and its interactions with any other skin product.
- Clean your skin properly before applying BPO cream.
- Do not stop using this cream until acne is completely clear.
How to use Benzoyl Peroxide
One can use Benzoyl Peroxide in combination with other acne preparations. It is often combined with some antibiotics such as clindamycin and adapalene. Both of these acne preparations need to be checked by your dermatologist first.
There are some essential instructions to help you out for appropriate application of Benzoyl Peroxide:
- Go through the printed information inside the pack of this cream to understand the benefits of the cream as well as its possible side effects that you could experience.
- Usually, it’s recommended to use BPO cream once or twice a day, if you use the topical products too often, your skin condition may become worse. Start using the mild strength of 4% or 5% for minimum skin irritation initially. After that, you can gradually switch to the higher strength of 10%.
- Apply this cream by rubbing the sponge in small circular motions over the affected area. Make sure you dispose of the applicator after a single use.
- Try to avoid sensitive areas of your skin while applying Benzoyl Peroxide, as it is important to resist irritation or sore on those areas.
- Benzoyl Peroxide cream should be applied to all the affected areas where you experience spotting.
- Apply this cream about a few minutes after washing the skin and gently drying it up. Do not wash the area for a few hours after using the cream.
How to get maximum benefits from Benzoyl Peroxide:
People with severe acne have to understand how to extract maximum benefits from Benzoyl Peroxide for acne. In fact, it is hard to remove blackheads, as they are a kind of skin pigment, whereas BPO cream along with other elements can significantly lower the impact of acne on the skin.
- Use a moisturizing cream after washing off the BPO cream to take care of skin pores. Avoid the application of ointments or oily cream.
- Benzoyl Peroxide can make your skin become more sensitive. In this condition, you should avoid exposing your skin to penetrative UV rays for some days. Also, try to avoid the contact of cream from your hair and clothing to resist bleaching.
- Any improvement on the skin will come after the continuous application for at least two months. So, make sure you do not stop it abruptly without consulting your physician.
- If all the acne spots have cleared, try to carry an application of this cream for a few days more to nip the problem in the bud.
Possible Side Effects of Benzoyl Peroxide
It is important to note that the concentrated Benzoyl Peroxide is potentially harmful like other organic peroxides, and it can cause fires without external ignition. Some probable, but rare side effects of Benzoyl Peroxide are skin redness, skin peeling, dry skin, itching, and irritation. Usually, these side effects went off with time, but if they remain for long, you should consult your dermatologist for further advice.
Benzoyl Peroxide is available Online
You can buy a beauty product that contains Benzoyl Peroxide by ordering online at cosmeticsandyou.com. It is available under different brand names for acne removal. Store this cream in a cool and dry place, keep it away from direct heat for best quality maintenance.