Salicylic SF6 (50 gm) (Salicylic Acid Ointment)
|Product Code||: 915|
|Available||: In Stock|
|Pack Size||Qty||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Cart|
|1 Tube||US$ 17.25||US$ 17.25|
|3 Tubes||US$ 12.65||US$ 37.9527%US$ 51.75|
|6 Tubes||US$ 8.43||US$ 50.6051%US$ 103.50|
Salicylic SF6 (Salicylic Acid Ointment)
Salicylic acid is a keratolytic inducer that causes shedding of the outer skin layer. It is used for Acne Vulgaris, Dandruff, Seborrhea or Psoriasis and for the removal of corns, calluses, and warts. It is one of the most popular products that help to brighten the skin.
Salicylic acid gel is manufactured by Dr. Reddy, India and it comes in the form of a tube.
How Salicylic Gel works:
It helps in dealing with acne by reducing the swelling and redness and unplugging blocked skin pores, allowing pimples to shrink. Other skin conditions are treated by softening and loosening dry or scaly skin so, that they get removed easily.
Never use Salicylic gel if you:
- Areallergic to Salicylic or in any other ingredient present in gel
- Have diabetes
- Have a family history of skin cancer
Always pre-inform your physician in the following conditions:
- If you are pregnant or breast feeding
- If you have kidney/liver disease
- If you have a history of allergic reaction to a skin product
Usage of Salicylic Gel :
The initial recommended for salicylic topical gel is 6 % it could be increased to depending on the skin condition. Application of a pea sized amount of gel is enough to cover the affected area.
Method to apply Salicylic Gel:
Apply salicylic gel as directed by your physician or read the label to know exact information. The gel packaging comes with a leaflet that shows all the instructions and details. Never use the quantity in smaller or larger amounts than recommended by a physician.
Follow the steps given below:
- Wash the skin with a mild cleanser before you apply the gel
- Pat dry the skin for a few minutes with a soft towel
- After this apply a thin layer of the gel on the areas of the skin
- Rub the gel on the skin and let it absorb in the skin
- Apply the gel on the skin during the night before bed time
- The product will act more effectively if you use the gel during the night
Wash your hands after applying the gel, to avoid the gel to come in contact with eyes.
In the case if you miss to apply the gel, and then use it as soon as you remember. Never use extra quality to make up the missed one.
Salicylic Gal side effects:
Some side effects that you can observe while using the gel are:
- Severe headache
- Shortness of breath
- Severe burning, dryness
- Minor skin irritation, rash, or peeling
- Changes in the color of treated skin
- Stinging sensation
- Infection symptoms
- Swelling in the lips, face and throat
- Severe allergic reactions, etc
One must not get worried by the list as one may or may not experience these side effects.
Salicylic Gel interaction:
Salicylic gel can negatively interact with a number of products, so avoid such products. Avoid using harsh skin products like strong soaps, hair coloring chemicals and shampoos. Also, products containing lime, alcohol and astringent should be ignored.