Melamet Cream ( Hydroquinone, Tretinoin, Mometasone Furoate )
The combination of Hydroquinone 2%, Tretinoin 0.025% and Mometasone Furoate 0.1%, is available in the form of a topical medication Melamet cream. Melamet removes the redness of the skin, itching, and swelling. This cream is recommended by many physicians for lightening of the skin color as well as to brighten up your complexion.
Melamet cream is manufactured by Universal Twin Labs and it comes in the form of tube.
How Melamet cream works:
- The hydroquinone is a bleaching agent that acts superfacialy to make the complexion of the skin lighter.
- Tretinoin increases the cell repair and regeneration mechanism of the skin
- Mometasone Furoate is an anti inflammatory solution that is helpful to reduce the swelling, pain, and irritation associated with the conditions like eczema and other skin related problems.
Do not use the melamet cream if you:
- Areallergic to hydroquinone/tretinoin or any other ingredient present in the melamet cream
- Have eczema
- Are pregnant or breast feeding
- Are diabetic
- Have wound on the skin due to sunburn, windburn, dryness, chapping, or irritation, or on an open wound. Do not apply on any open wound or severely damaged skin
Always pre-inform your physician in the following conditions:
- If you have asthma disease
- If you have any skin allergy
- If you have kidney problems
Usage of the melamet cream:
Follow your physician's direction before using the cream or read the instructions given on the label. In general an almond size amount of cream is enough to cover the whole affected area. Never exceed the amount of cream to fasten the healing process. For more details, refer to the dtailed information provided in the leaflet.
Method to apply Melamet cream:
- Before using cream for the first time, use a small amount of Melamet cream on an unbroken patch of skin and check for any kind of irritation. If it occurs, then consult your physician immediately.
- After the test wash the affected areas and pat/let it air dry. Gently rub the cream on the skin until it is evenly distributed. Wash-off the hands after using it. Apply the cream twice a day. Time to time application of the cream will prove beneficial.
Never apply double quantity of cream if you miss it any time. Extra application of Melamet cream can cause unwanted itching or irrtation of the skin.
Some common side effects Melamet cream:
Here are a few common side effects associated with Melamet cream:
- Peeling off
- Stinging of the skin
- Blister formation or crusting of the skin
- Scaling of skin
- Swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue
- Itching around the area applied
- Burning sensation, etc.
It is not necessary that all people will face the side effects; you may or may not face them. In case you find any extreme difficulty while using this cream, it is recommended to consult your skin specialist for the same.
Melamet Cream interaction:
Melamet cream can interact with the following substances, hence avoid them:
- Resorcinol or salicylic acid
- Products containing alpha hydroxy acid
- Glycolic acid
- Soaps and cosmetics
- Chlorpromazine, etc.