Retino A Cream .05% (20 gm)
Retino A cream contains the active ingredient tretinoin, used on the skin to treat acne vulgaris if your dermatologist suggest. It prevents the pimples and blackhead’s formation. Retino A cream .05% is also used to reduce visible signs of ageing on the face, reducing fine lines, wrinkles and fading age spots. This cream promotes skin turnover to replace old damaged skin with new skin.
The manufacturer of Retino A cream .05% (20gm) is Johnson & Johnson, India and it comes in the form of a cream.
Retino A cream contains the active substance, Tretinoin, a retinoid compound with multiple effects. It is involved in the control of cell proliferation and cell differentiation. It works by decreasing the formation of micro comedones and stimulating turnover of follicular epithelial cells. In this way, it reduces the formation of acne and improv skin appearance by reducing hyperpigmentation, skin roughness, and wrinkles due to photoaging.
Always pre-inform your physician in the following conditions:
- If you have rosacea
- If you have dry, red, inflamed, and scaly skin
- If you have been exposed to sunlight for a longer period
Usage of the Retino A Cream .05%:
The cream is for topical use only.
- For removal of acne, apply once daily at bedtime.
- For photoaging, apply a thin layer once daily at bedtime. If irritation occurs, call your physician.
Method to apply Retino A Cream .05%:
- Your face must be cleansed and completely dry for cream to work properly. Use warm water to wash your face. Gently pat your face dry. Wait for at least 15 minutes for your skin to dry completely.
- Apply the cream to your skin at bedtime, try not to use during the day.
- It should only be applied on the affected areas of your skin. Be careful while using near your nose and mouth area, avoid contact with eyes, nasal, and mucous membrane.
- Rub properly in a circular motion; it must fully absorb into your skin.
- Wash your hands immediately after the application
- The medicine is known to cause photosensitivity, so it is recommended to wear a sunblock while going out in the sun. It is very important because it will make your skin more susceptible to photoaging.
If you forget to apply the Retino A cream, don’t double the application to compensate the missed one.
Retino A Cream Side Effects:
- Burning sensation
- Unusually warmer skin
- Slight peeling
- Mild tingling sensation
Retino A Cream .05% interaction:
- Concurrent use of Retino A cream with keratolytic agents such as salicylic acid, resorcinol, benzoyl peroxide, and sulfur may increase the risk of irritation.
- Certain photosensitizing agents may increase the risk of photosensitivity.
- The risk of irritation can increase by other topical skin care products such as perfumes, cover-up, aftershave, makeup, and colognes.
- Also, avoid using topical minoxidil while using Tretinoin.
Do not use the Retino A Cream .05% if:
- You are suffering from acute eczema
- You are allergic to the active ingredient or other inactive components of the preparation
- You have a history of tumor of the top layer of the skin