Tretinoin (Supatret 0.04)
Supatret 0.04 is indicated for the management of acne vulgaris. It decreases facial dermal effects of photoaging when used with sun avoidance. The formulation is for topical use only. It is a safe and effective gel to cure acne. The topical gel gradually removes pimples, whiteheads, blackheads, wrinkles, and age spots of facial skin. It is an oil-free formula that effectively unclogs the pores. The FDA approved gel is one of the most efficient solution that minimizes the signs and severity of acne. Its active component, Tretinoin belongs to retinoids. Retinoids are useful in controlling the appearance of dark spots and even out your skin tone, giving a glowing, radiant look.
The manufacturer of Supatret .04 (20gm) is an renowned India company.The gel contains the active substance Tretinoin, which works by reducing the formation of the acne and help acne heal more rapidly.
Do not use the Supatret if:
- You are allergic to the active ingredient or other inactive components of the preparation
- You have acute eczema
- You have ever had skin cancer
- You have an abnormally high WBC count
Always pre-inform your physician in the following conditions:
- If you have a skin problem called rosacea
- If you have been exposed to sunlight for a longer period
- If you have dry, red, inflamed, and scaly skin
- If you are suffering from kidney problem
- If you have stomach –related problems
Usage of the Supatret Gel:
- Generally, you start by using Supatret gel by using once a day.
- Depending on how your skin responds to the gel, your dermatalogist will decide the frequency of application.
- Your dermatalogist may lower the frequency of application once your skin has improved. Generally, it may take 6 to 8 weeks before your skin shows any improvement.
Method to apply the Supatret Gel:
- Before using Supatret gel, wash your skin with water or soap
- Pat dry skin without rubbing or scrubbing
- Wait for at least 25-30 minutes before applying the cream
- Apply the gel in a small amount
- Apply only to lightly cover the affected area
- Do not let this gel come into contact with your eyes, nose, and mucous membrane
- Do not use it on cracked or weeping skin
If you have any doubt regarding the usage of the gel, please consult with your physician / dermatologist.If you forget to apply Supatert gel in time, don’t double the application to compensate the missed one.
Some common side effects of the Supatret gel:
Supatret Gel interaction :
- Topical minoxidil
- Salicylic acid
- Photosensitizing agents
- Benzoyl peroxide
- Topical minoxidil
- Certain skin care products such as perfumes, cover-up, aftershave, makeup, and colognes
- Alcohol-containing products